The purpose of the Foundation shall be to operate and administer a fund or funds for the following purposes:
- The stimulation of activities benefitting Caribbean Co-operatives nationally and regionally;
- The provision of services, through co-operative projects for the relief of special disasters or emergencies;
- The promotion and advancement of education and the development of co-operatives principles within the Caribbean;
- The promotion of youth development in the Caribbean through educational opportunities and leadership training towards self-reliance;
- To provide tangible and in kind assistance to organizations working to empower Caribbean people and communities with special focus on minority groups, rural communities, small business and small farmers; and
- To co-operate with governmental and non governmental organizations which have objectives similar to those of the Foundation.
The mission of the Development Foundation shall be to promote and to assist in:
- The alleviation of hardships caused by natural disasters;
- Social and community development;
- Educational and training programmes.
- Any other activity pertinent and conducive to the goals and objectives of the Foundation.
Goals and Objectives
The Development Foundation shall:
- stimulate activities benefiting Caribbean co-operatives nationally and regionally;
- provide services, through co-operative projects, for the relief of special disasters or emergencies;
- Co-operate with governmental and non-governmental organisations which have objectives similar to those of the Foundation.
- Promote and advance within the Caribbean region education and development of co-operative principles.
- Promote youth development in the region through educational opportunities and leadership training towards self-reliance; particularly through the funding of scholarships under the Everard Dean Memorial Fund
- Provide financial and in kind assistance to co-operatives and other organisations working to empower Caribbean peoples and communities with special focus on minority groups, rural communities, small businesses and small farmers.
- Conduct any business or activity, which may seem to the Foundation capable of being conveniently carried on in connection with the foregoing purposes, or calculated directly or indirectly to enhance the Foundation’s objects.